Stuart Cunningham has been appointed to the NSW Government's Creative Industries Taskforce, a new industry-led body set up to develop strategies to drive growth, innovation and productivity in the creative industries sector.
NSW Deputy Premier and Minister for Trade and Investment Andrew Stoner said Stuart Cunningham’s appointment to the Creative Industries Taskforce will ensure that the Taskforce has a strong data and research base.
“The new Creative Industries Taskforce brings together some of the State’s best talent from a broad range of creative industries fields including film and television, fashion, publishing, the built environment, advertising, design and the performing arts,” Mr Stoner said.
“I am delighted to have Stuart Cunningham on the Taskforce – his passion and expertise in will be invaluable.
“The taskforce is chaired by Dan Rosen, Chief Executive of the Australian Recording Industry Association, who brings exceptional experience to the taskforce across digital media, law, policy and music.
“This new taskforce will play a critical role, in partnership with Government, in the development of strategies to leverage further our local talent and skills in the creative sector, supporting the long term sustainability of our economy.”
Stuart Cunningham said “I am pleased to be appointed to the taskforce, enabling me to bring the most relevant research to bear, and contribute to plans for the long term sustainability and growth of the creative industries in NSW”.
The Creative Industries Taskforce will identify industry-led initiatives and Government actions to support the State’s creative industries. A draft report will be released in August, with the final 10-year development strategy, including two year and five year goals, to be presented to the NSW Government by September 2012.
Members of the NSW Creative Industries Taskforce:
· Dan Rosen, Chief Executive Officer, ARIA (Chair)
· Ross de la Motte, Managing Principal, Sydney, Hassell (Built Environment)
· Craig Davis, Co-Chairman and Chief Creative Officer, Australia and New Zealand, Publicis Mojo (Advertising)
· Suzanne Boccalatte, Creative Director, Boccalatte (Design)
· Bob Campbell, Managing Director, Screentime Pty Ltd (Film & TV)
· Robert Gorman, CEO, Allen and Unwin (Publishing)
· Leonie Tyle, Publishing Consultant (Publishing)
· Kate Hurst, Principal Consultant, Hurst & Co. (Fashion)
· Professor Stuart Cunningham, Distinguished Professor of Media and Communications, Queensland University of Technology and Director of the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation (Creative Economy Measurement)
· Patrick McIntyre, General Manager, Sydney Theatre Company (Performing Arts)
Lis Davies (Deputy Premier): 0414 780 288 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Stuart Cunningham, Director CCI, ph 0407 195 304,email@example.com