CCI’s 2012 Winter School offers selected doctoral students and early career researchers a week-long program of interdisciplinary study, collaboration and social interaction in the broad area of creative industries and innovation research, drawing on the Centre’s expertise in media, cultural and communication studies, economics, education, policy and law, in relation to the creative economy.
We welcome applications from emerging scholars working on related topics including, but not limited to:
- Cultural, media and creative industries policy
- Digital society
- Community arts and media
- New business models in the creative economy
- Innovation studies
- Economics of the creative industries
- The creative industries in Asia
- Internet studies
- Copyright and intellectual property
- The challenges of ‘big data’
- Creative careers and creative labour
Participants will work with leading international researchers, engage in intensive workshop activities and receive direct feedback and individual mentoring on their own work. Social activities will provide additional opportunities for participants to get to know each other and form collaborative relationships that will last for years to come.